Sunday, November 9, 2008

Importance of an Angel

And why is Angel important to me? Why is this doll that has been with me since I was a baby so important to me? She’s not even as beautiful anymore, not as wonderful, not as amusing, for she does not talk anymore. No, it was not just my infantile imagination that made her talk, it was the battery and the buttons on her back that made sound come out of her little led lips.

Angel accompanied me when I had no one else to play with. I taught her the things I learned everyday in school. I read to her. She became a very important part of my life because I needed her there for me when no one else was around. Like the baby sister I never had…only better. Because unlike a real baby sister, I doubt Angel would tell my mom or dad the secrets I told her. She was anything I wanted her to be. Except a mom of course. She was my sister, my best friend, and my little baby. (Hey, I was no more than a little girl back then. Playing mom is not an unusual thing for little girls.)

She’s been with me since I was a baby. A gift from my parents. The most important people to me in the whole entire world. (Not to exclude my brother or anything, he’s also the most important person to me in the whole entire world.) And that’s why it made her even more special. Now I can’t even imagine how my early childhood years would have been without her.

3 comments:

dreamblaze said...

I like your style of writing, so soothing and emotional. And good literary techniques.

Anonymous said...

Good writing, very descriptive but you should add photos to give the reader a visual image of what your talking about.

BKthePro said...

This post seems to be very interesting. I really liked the part, " Because unlike a real baby sister, I doubt Angel would tell my mom or dad the secrets I told her" it shows what kind of person you are.