Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Who Am I?

I'm Indefinably Defined
I am a chameleon
Adapting colors to match my mood,
One minute brown,
A camouflage,
Unseen.
Inconspicuous.
Then a flashing,
fluorescent purple,
Ostentatious.
Standing out.
Calling attention to myself.
A box of Crayola,
A vivifying intensity.

"Portrait of Jacqueline"

I’m a wave of colors,
A glittering rainbow ocean.
Creating my own ripples
turning into heavier waves,
Surging with the flow
Letting the current drag me
Back
And
forth.

I am an abstract artwork,
One of Picasso’s.
You tilt your head,
Squint your eyes,
Trying to figure me out.
As soon as you think
you understand
me,
You stand
back,
Tilt
your head
And squint
your eyes
again.
And then you see
There’s more
than meets the eye.

I am not definable
with just one adjective or noun.
Nor a verb or an adverb.
I’m not a bolded word
with its definitions
printed clear
in the dictionary.
I am the dictionary,
All the words that describe me
Filling the thick,
white pages.Link

The best word to describe me
Is not a best word at all.
A short word
with a long description.
Indefinably defined.
Simply complex,
Contradictory,
an oxymoron,
a paradox.
Just…
Me.

I picked the paintings by Pablo Picasso because it showed multi-personalities in one person. The paintings show its abstractness in a sense that every time you look at it again, you notice something new about it. I also find that it is hard to describe with just one word, and the only word to really describe it is "abstract," which doesn't really say much in the first place.

No comments: